segunda-feira, 18 de março de 2013

Bye Burma

After almost one month of Burma I can say that the experience in the country was positive. there were few things which disappointed me, which I actually was aware of before arriving, so let's not talk about it!
What's important is that my first contact with the country was amazing, I think I've never experienced so many smiles per minute before in my life! Also, my last experience in Burma couldn't be any better...
Saturday, Mar 17th, I was having a tea with another brazilian I met in Burma, Thiago, and one Buddhist monks joined us for some tea and chatting. At the end I asked him whether I could go and visit his monastery in Yangon on Sunday, he was very welcoming and arranged it for the day after at 10am.

Around that time I was there, asking for him here and there and people said I as at the wrong monastery, until this lady came to me and told me to wait; suddenly comes Mr Kuvera. He invited me to go upstairs, where he's living provisionally until he goes back to his permanent monastery in another state.
We chatted for around one hour, mainly about religion, their routine, etc. After that we went for lunch, walked to a tea house for a classic burmese tea, then we moved towards shwedagon pagoda, where we made some pictures; finally we headed to the area where I was staying. arriving there I went to print out some photos I wanted to give to him and he went to get a book he wanted to buy for me. Later we met again, exchanged presents and said bye!

Those are the experiences which make my travels worthier! Getting to know locals, walk around with them, learn about their culture, religion, their point of view about the world, my country and their own country.

The area where he lives permanently is close for foreigners at the moment, but hopefully it will be open soon. So he told me to give his contact to whoever goes to visit Burma, it's his hobby meeting and helping people, especially if one is interested in buddhism I would say. So here it goes:

Mr. Kuvera
Sittasukha Monastery
Pridawtha Quarter
Akyab (Sittwe)
Arakan (Rakhine) State
Burma

That's it for now!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário