terça-feira, 4 de dezembro de 2012

Magic Gokarna


From Calangute - Goa, I took few local buses and one train to arrive in Gokarna. Leaving the rail station already met Lorenzo, Italian guy who had been in town once before and, therefore knew a little bit about the area. Thus we headed straight to the guesthouse he had stayed before, in Kudle beach.

It was a magical arrival; just my first moments in “Ganga guesthouse” and I had met such an amazing people; first Angela, then Astrid, Dinah, Maya and their whole awesome crew. Good vibe that made me feel so happy and surprised! Not enough?! Alright, there more to come! The guesthouse itself was located on the beginning of the beach, just on the rocks. What means that I would go to bed hearing the sound of the sea!

Dinner time! We all ended up eating in the restaurant attached to the guesthouse and I had an amazing cashew curry. That was also a good opportunity for me to know a bit more about my new friends, their stories and next destinations in India. And as usual, there was India connecting people! I mentioned my intention of going to Hampi on the next days and the need of a partner (s) for this mission. Immediately the smiling Dinah joined it and made me so happy!

The day after I got to know a bit more about the town and its attraction, such as the huge holy bull, holy spring water, the 150 rupees hammocks and the Prema Restaurant – they prepare amazing food, shakes, juices, everything there is perfect! Specially the Papaya Pulp with ginger, lemon and mint.

Third day in Gokarna and we decided to make a fish barbecue in the beach. We bought 5 small fresh tunas in the morning and prepared them - on a Indian style, with masala, species lime, salt – at night on the beach. Great moment with good food and beautiful company!

Ah, almost forgot to mention that I was finally introduced to the Bhagsu cake, which here is called Kudle Cake. It’s exactly the thing with different name according to witnesses. I do have to agree that the cake is amazing. Crunch base, condensed milk in the middle and chocolate on the top, then taken into the freezer for a while and ready to be eaten!

Well, only good things to remember about this magic beach. It was definitely one of the places where I could get stuck for weeks or months maybe. Once again it wasn’t easy to leave, but I felt that Hampi was already waiting for me…






Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário